beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
It Happened One Midnight - Julie Anne Long

I became hooked on this author when I bought the first book of the Pennyroyal Green series on sale. I absolutely loved Perils of Pleasure and I've always found Long's stories to be entertaining and often moving. But that first book was always the best. This one nearly equals it. I absolutely loved both lead characters and I loved the conclusion.

Having been a bit disappointed in the last installment (even after forgiving the huge publishing screw-up that left an incredible number of typos and editing mishaps in the text), I'm thrilled to have just enjoyed a story that's everything that's good about JAL.