beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
A Rogue by Any Other Name - Sarah MacLean This was my first Sarah MacLean experience and I really enjoyed it. I'll be looking up her backlist and checking it out as well.

The Marquess of Bourne lost everything on the turn of a card. He was brought to complete ruin by someone he trusted and has spent the last nine years planning revenge. To get what he wants he finds he needs to marry his childhood friend. He's lost all capacity to feel anything toward others so he knows he'll make her a miserable husband. Still, he wants what he wants and she's a means to an end. Not so fast, ya big galoot. hehehe

I tend to like the childhood friends to HEA trope so this was quite satisfying for me. I believe the heroine might have been part of an earlier story, but I guess I'll find that out for certain once I've read MacLean's other offerings.