beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet) - Julia Quinn A really fun, light-hearted story. There's a bit of angst, but it's not too strong. Julia Quinn doesn't really do angst.

But there are a lot of laughs and the chemistry between the two leads is excellent. I liked them both quite a bit and the developments seemed very organic. It's a trope I like -- two people who've known each other since childhood -- so that was a plus as well.

This book is set in the Bridgertons world and there's some overlap with "Romancing Mr. Bridgerton". So now, of course, I desperately want to reread that one. But it was fun to see familiar fleeting moments from a new point of view.