beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Winning the Wallflower (Fairy Tales, #2.5) - Eloisa James A novella that also serves as a prequel for the next book: The Duke is Mine. This is my first Eloisa James and I really enjoyed her writing. The story is very simple which makes sense as it's so short, but it was engaging throughout.

What was truly diabolical, though, was the inclusion of the first three chapters of each of the other books in the "Fairy Tales" series. I've ordered all that are available now and I'll be gorging myself on smart heroines and difficult heroes for the holidays.

I'm really glad I tried Ms. James. I have been craving historical romance lately but it's hard to find something that suits me. This book and the samples of the others have been a nice treat.

So why not five stars? I don't know. Probably the length. I felt like there was perhaps one more bit of business the reader was entitled to see and we didn't. But all-in-all, I'm very happy with my discovery of Eloisa James. We'll see how it goes with the full length books when I get them.

BTW - this e-book is 99 cents from Amazon and she has a couple of other bargains. She is Agency priced so I ordered her other books dead-tree-version used. But check her out to pick up a few deals, too. :)