beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
The Care & Feeding of Pirates -  Jennifer Ashley This early historical romance by Jennifer Ashley definitely doesn't have the finesse of the later MacKenzies series, but it's diverting.

Unfortunately it's the third or fourth in a series and I only read one of the earlier ones. And that was a while ago. I did get the feeling I was missing something. Unfortunately these books are not available for Kindle -- they went on sale and I grabbed all that I could way back when and then they disappeared -- so I can't read The Pirate Hunter which I think might have helped me to enjoy this book more from the start. I'll be looking for it in the UBS because I am definitely curious about the back story of some of these characters.

3.5 stars.