beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Cut & Run - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban I hate writing reviews for books all my friends loved but I didn't! But I really did not like this one.

I felt the narrative was clunky, the characters were unlikable and the dialog was comprised mostly of inane bickering. It felt too long for the story and I got very tired of both characters going off in emotional fits. It didn't feel realistic to me so the chemistry really suffered. There were continuity errors as well. And having lived in Manhattan, I felt the realism of the location was off, too.

So, it saddens me to be the odd man out (Again! I just gave a low rating to another book most of my friends loved - this is killing me.), but this series is just not for me. :(