beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson I'm giving it four stars but rounding it up. It's very well written and has some very intense sequences.

This story starts slowly. I didn't really get interested until 40%, but I think that's typical of procedurals. While I supposed it doesn't technically fit into that category, that's very much how it reads. I always find I enjoy listening to an audio book of a procedural over reading it so this took me a while to get through. As I understand it the next two books don't start so slowly and I'm sure I'll get to them.

Unfortunately this book ended with me not liking any of the lead characters all that much. Ultimately they're all pretty selfish and they don't move me as much as I wish they would.

I suppose I recommend this book so you know what all the fuss is about, but you might want to try the audio version. I have it on good authority (my DH who is brilliant in all things ... well, a lot of things) that the reader is excellent and the story comes to life well in that version.