beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Fair Game - Josh Lanyon Excellent mystery, lovely romance, great writing. This was my first Josh Lanyon and I'm just about to order my next. I may have found a new addiction.

Elliott Mills is a professor at Puget Sound University. Up until about a year and a half ago he was an FBI agent. He got kneecapped in a shootout and had to leave the job he loved.

Tucker Lance is Elliott's ex-lover. He's larger than life, ticked off at Elliott and in charge of the investigation into the disappearance of one of PSU's students. An investigation that now includes Elliott who has agreed to consult for the kid's parents who are old family friends.

The mystery was well played, leaving me guessing until the reveal. The romance, while appropriately frustrating at first, was volatile and sweet at the same time. My one complaint actually comes near the end when I thought Elliott could have been a little more ... accurately verbose. You'll see what I mean.

A very enjoyable book. Highly recommended to my m/m reading friends.