beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Criss Cross - Jordan Castillo Price Another good one. It seems like this series is all novellas, though, which I guess is fine, but it does make the story thin.

Vic has a new partner, Roger, and he's still in a relationship with Jacob. Roger is the nicest, most personable newbie to the psy-cop force you could ever meet and that's pretty annoying to someone like Vic who has at least twelve years in. It's kind of amusing how Roger's always whispering "are you seeing anything?" and driving Vic crazy.

As far as Vic goes, he's slightly annoying in this one. As annoying as basketcases can be sometimes. He has reason to be distraught and out-of-it, but it makes for a narrator who seems apart from the story somehow. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I was wishing someone else's POV could be represented in this one.

I've already bought the next one and I'll probably start it today. One thing about them being short, it's like eating pistachio nuts, it's too easy to keep going and going and going.