beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Unperfect Souls - Mark Del Franco This was really good. Possibly the best in the series. I have a few problems, like an ending that skirts darn close to deus ex machina, but they were forgivable.

There are some things left cooking. Some fantastic revelations and one important life hangs in the balance. Connor's issues confuse the heck out of me and I hope del Franco doesn't think we've reached any kind of understanding based on this. There was some new information, sure, but I'll decide whether or not it was enough after the next book comes out.

Now I'm on the lookout for a UBS copy of the premiere book of his secondary series. I can't remember the name of it, but it's the same world and I'm really loving the del Franco-verse.

This is a very good series. I wish he had a message board because I find they help me keep details straight. I find Jim Butchers Dresden Files board indispensable for keeping track of who's who and what they did to earn trust/distrust/death/life. I spent a lot of time, especially in the beginning of Unperfect Souls, trying to recall who/what/where/why/how of certain events and characters. That's the problem with picking up an ongoing series, of course, but del Franco's world is complex enough that I really wish I'd been able to consult a theory board before hand to get a bead on some of this stuff.

Mark del Franco is an Urban Fantasy writer to watch. Great characters, great world, intricate story lines. Just needs a big enough fan base to support an MB. :D