beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
A Highlander Never Surrenders - Paula Quinn More like a 3.5, I think.

But let me start by blowing a raspberry at that cover. What kind of stance is that? Not manly. Not manly at all.

It took me a long time to get into this story. I think it was the heroine. She was one of those hotheads who happens to be a great fighter, but makes you wonder how she survived this long with her impulsiveness and short fuse.

So she was pretty hard to take for much of the book.

Graham Grant is pretty yummy, although he was stupid to keep a secret from Claire. After a while I really wondered what the point was in all that secret keeping? If he believed the edict was law and was acting on it himself, why not spill the beans?

But about two thirds in we start to really see their chemistry take hold and the romance kicks in. It's nice. And, although they still have their willful misunderstandings, I think they're a good couple overall.

I bought this book because it was only $1.99 on Kindle. I'll do Laird of the Mist next, although it came before this one. Then I can start reading the series in order if I want to continue.

I'm glad I'm giving Paula Quinn a try, although I think I wasn't quite in the mood for ancient Highlanders. As long as her publisher is appropriately discounting the e-versions of her books, I'll probably follow the series along to the end. :D