beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Second Chance - Christy Reece I liked this. I love Cole, he's hella-dreamy. Keeley was pretty good, especially since she did recognize her bad decisions ... unfortunately after she'd already acted on them.

My one complaint is that the solution to the crime was all happenstance. Really, LCR is pretty good at the extraction, but not so good at the investigation it seems. If it hadn't been for some incredible luck, the outcome wouldn't have been so rosy. I'd just like to see more effective investigation in future LCR stories.

Some characters seem to be coming to the fore with the intention of setting them up for books down the line. I support this effort. More LCR!

Loved seeing Ethan and Shea, but again, a huge plot point happened because of a rather unbelievable moment of operative incompetence. That's a short cut I think Reece is above as a writer.

But she always seems to give me a book that's hard to put down. And I'm thrilled the next installment is going to be out in a month.

For those who haven't read Reece yet, I think she's really making a well deserved splash in the suspense romance genre. I hope her audience continues to grow because she's definitely doing some entertaining work here.