beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
The King of Attolia - Megan Whalen Turner This is the third in Megan Whalen Turner's "Queen's Thief" series and it's many people's favorite. It's an amazing book. If you've read the first two books of the series -- The Thief and The Queen of Attolia -- you might think nothing can surprise you, but you'll be wrong.

And I highly recommend reading these books in order. It enhances the experience immeasurably. Those who have read them out of order always say they wish they hadn't because each story sets up the next one so eloquently.

Each of these books is a fairly quick read. What will take time is you going back to reread all the wonderful dialogue and starting over at the beginning to catch every little bit you might have missed.

I'm such a fangirl of this series it's embarrassing. Turner takes years in between books, but they really do seem to be worth the wait. The next in the series is coming out in spring of 2010. Needless to say, I can't wait.

If you have teenagers who love to read -- especially girls -- this fantasy series might be a good bet. Especially if you've had your fill of sparkly vampires.