beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Kiss and Tell - Cherry Adair For some reason, suspense romance is appealing to me right now. I've read recommendations for Cherry Adair for a while now, so I finally decided to give her a try.

Kiss and Tell is actually the second book in her T-FLAC series, but I started with it because the first book had far fewer stars and was actually written a long time before this second installment. I definitely didn't feel like I was missing anything by skipping the first so I guess I made the right decision.

This story is based on one of those absurd, too coincidental encounters that simply don't actually happen. Nothing realistic about the way the hero and heroine meet. And the swift progression of their hook-up is also preposterous.

And yet, it's enjoyable and, to tell you the truth, I got tears in my eyes at the end of this tale. The hardened, heartless mercenary and his sweet lil Bo Peep. Go figure.

The writing is engaging and the story has some fun details. I really want a multi-million dollar lair like Jake's, and brothers like Marnie's. I could rule the world! LOL.

It's fun stuff. T-FLAC would probably make a fun video game series, actually. That's what it feels like when you're reading it.

Having just finished the first three installments of the Last Chance Rescue series by Christy Reece, I can't help but compare them. So far (after only one Adair), Reece comes out ahead. But I'm continuing with this series and I may change my mind.

Diverting, time-passing and, although violent (against the bad guys, of course), pretty darn romantic.