beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
A Touch of Minx - Suzanne Enoch Just as with "Don't Look Down" I enjoyed the book enough to give it four stars despite it's lack of substance. It's the kind of light, unchallenging reading I'm after right now, so it fits my needs.

But, I'm having some problems now with the relationship. I skipped two books in between this one and "Don't Look Down" and I feel like they're in the same place they were. And I don't think they should take their relationship any further until they are both certain they can trust each other. And I do feel that one of them can't trust the other one. But I won't spoil it. You can probably guess if you've read any of them.

I've read that Enoch is contracted to do a few more stories in this series, and I'd love to see the protagonists take some leaps in regard to their emotional stability and maturity.

Still, Enoch can always get me to smile, and that's the reason I bought the book. So, if you're looking for a series that doesn't pull you through a wringer, or keep you up at night trying to figure it out, this is a good one to choose.