beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Don't Look Down - Suzanne Enoch I'm enjoying these contemporary mysteries by Enoch. Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out the culprit early on, but she's stumped me in the first two books. I'm not sure if that's because of superior mystery-writing skills or if I don't care enough about the mystery to put any brain power into it. I like the relationship between the leads and that seems to be enough.

I am skipping ahead to A Touch of Minx, because I read the blurb on Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and it didn't appeal. These books seem to be able to be read out of order. I guess I'll find out for certain.

I like Enoch's humor. She's talented with her characters, making them likable and engaging. I'm not prude, but I could use a little less cursing. It makes them sound stupid. But that's a pretty small complaint.

All in all, I give it four stars because it's engaging and unchallenging. Exactly what I need right now. :D