beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke

Dark Road to Darjeeling (Lady Julia Grey Series #4)

Dark Road to Darjeeling - Deanna Raybourn Hard to rate this one. I'm giving it 4.5, I think. There was something in it that I'm not sure was necessary but I'll have to wait and see how the series continues. I can't go into detail because it would spoil, but I thought there was a gratuitous event that might ultimately not enhance the story.

Confused? Intrigued?

I do love Lady Julia Grey and these mysteries are so much fun. This one takes place in India and has some very interesting location detail along with very colorful characters.

There's a lot of suspense at certain moments and it can be pretty intense. This was the first installment that made me shed a tear even as it had all the funny banter and comedic situations I've gotten used to from this series.

I'm fully hooked on Lady Julia. Highly recommended.