beanbaglove

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke

Rock Me, by Cherrie Lynn

Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2) - Cherrie Lynn

I liked this one even better than the first of this series. I found myself very invested in the romance and I really liked the hero of the story.

I've seen a lot of people hating on the heroine. I was totally with her up until the end when she does something utterly incomprehensible and triggers OOC behavior from pretty much everyone. But when things like that happen, I tend to blame the author over the character because it's so unbelievable it takes you right out of the story.

Candace is a college student who's been sheltered (repressed) all her life. She's a virgin and completely under her parents' thumb. Brian is Evan's younger brother (Evan is the hero from Unleashed, we meet Brian for the first time in that book) and Candace's cousin's ex-boyfriend. He's a rebel in his family with tattoos and piercings and an attitude. It doesn't matter that he owns his own body art business and has developed a great reputation at his craft, they still seem to look at him like he's got horns and a tail.

Can these two mismatched souls find accord? Of course they can! Especially because Candace is more than ready to jump off the V-train and wants Brian to do the deed. She's been drooling over him since he dated her favorite cousin. Oops. Complications! It all works out well, though.

Brian is such a worthy leading man, he's a total keeper. If it weren't for Candace's actions at the end -- and the bizarre personality transplants of everyone else -- this might have been a five-star read for me.