beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Magic Bleeds - Ilona Andrews I can't tell you how sad I am that this is the last of Andrews's published novels for this series (available, there are at least three more expected). I wanted to read it slowly, I really did. But no, I stayed up way too late and then started back up first thing this morning. But what can you do?

This fourth installment of the Kate Daniels series is very exciting. Total edge-of-your-seat entertainment. And ... get ready for it ... ROMANCE! Yes, romance lovers, we're finally gettin' somewhere. And, as with so many things, the wait has been worth it.

One of the things I like so much about this series is that I never feel like I'm being played. Andrews isn't hiding things from me just to keep me curious for the next book. The info/question comes up and fairly soon after (within the book or in the next) I'm not in the dark anymore. It doesn't take book after book after book to find out you never had all the clues in the first place.

The world Andrews has created is very dangerous and vividly described. As I've noted before, she doesn't shy away from descriptions of the gory variety. It's a bloody, gutty, life Kate and her friends lead and Andrews is excellent at pulling the reader right into the middle of it. Unfortunately, I can't describe much of this book without giving a few things away and I really don't want to do that.

What else can I say? I'm a fan. I know I'm going to go back and read these books again and again.