beanbaglove

Beanbag Love

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Rescue Me (Last Chance Rescue Trilogy, Book 1) - Christy Reece I enjoyed reading this book. It's not as light-hearted as what I've been reading the past week, but it's a pretty good angst/love story.

The last few chapters are absurd, however, for the TSTL, knee-jerk actions of the protagonists, and that was annoying. It seemed like neither had learned a thing in all the drama of their lives. Rather immature behavior, as well as extremely hurtful. And could have been solved by a couple of questions and even moderately cool heads.

Still, I was rooting for the couple and the action was good. The set up for a series was effective and I've already started the next installment.

So, I recommend it, but don't look for anything new. In fact, the whole misunderstanding/rash response is one of the oldest tricks in the romance category so be prepared. Good chemistry between the main characters saves the book, and makes me recommend it.